Durban And Surrounding areas day trips
- CULTURE ZULU African township Visit a township tavern, residence and feel the vibe of true Africa.
- Shakaland – Day Visit a living museum of the People of Heaven as they lived at the time of Shaka Zulu. See weavers, a Sangoma, traditional dance at its best, after which tuck into a buffet meal. Traditional meals are also available.
- Shakaland – Night As above, for the romantic at heart.
- Drakensberg Hydro Electric scheme A scenic trip takes you to this engineering wonder set in the depths of the mountain. Enjoy lunch at Little Switzerland, whilst captivated by the mountain scenery.
- Sani Pass A scenic trip takes you to the foothills of the Drakensberg to the town of Underberg where we board a 4×4 vehicle for a trip up the mountain pass to the highest pub in Africa for lunch, after which we visit a Sotho homestead. Inclusive of lunch (One main course from menu) & 4×4 trip. Cash Bar.
- Giants Castle A scenic trip takes you to the foothills of the Drakensberg via the town of Mooi River into the protected area of Giants Castle. After a hike up the mountain side to the caves, we are taken by a field guide to see the San Art
Anglo – Zulu or Anglo – Boer
Visit historical battlefield sites in the Midlands and share a picnic lunch.
Durban City & Surrounding Area
Durban city tour Witness the sights & sounds of this busy cosmopolitan city, its people, architecture, gardens & views from an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Durban city tour with harbour cruise As above with a cruise around part of the busiest harbour in Africa. Durban city with uShaka marine world After a city tour enjoy a visit to uShaka Marine World to see dolphin & seal shows and the vast indigenous species of sea life. The water park is an optional extra.
- Durban City /valley After a city tour travel to the valley to enjoy the views & enactment of Zulu courtship, after which enjoy a close up tour of the crocodiles & reptiles. Cash bar available.
- Botanic Gardens and Umgeni Bird Park Spend time in the beautiful Botanical Gardens & walk among both exotic & indigenous bird life, includes a free flight show Sharks Board (Tues, Weds, Thurs, Sun only) Sparkling Wine Cruise Enjoy a cruise out to sea (weather permitting) then enjoy a meal and glass or two of your favourite wine or malt. Steam Train (last Sunday of month) Enjoy the thrill of a steam train trip after which browse around a flea market. Lunch is an optional extra.
- Culture Indian Visit Temples, mosques, Gandhi settlement, Indian settlements i.e. Phoenix or Chatsworth.
GAME RESERVES (PRIVATE & NATIONAL)
- Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve Visit the oldest proclaimed 96 000 hectare Big 5 reserve responsible for bringing back black & white rhino from possible extinction.
- Hluhluwe with Picnic Lunch & self drive Hluhluwe with Picnic Lunch & Game drive Hluhluwe with Restaurant Lunch Hluhluwe with Restaurant Lunch & Game drive Phinda Private Game Reserve Spending the morning or afternoon in the company of a professional ranger in this large privately run reserve will no doubt encourage you to return time and time again.
- Nambiti Conservancy A 3 hr drive takes you to this midlands 20 000 acre big 5 Private Game Reserve – morning or afternoon game drive in the company of a professional ranger. Lunch included
- Tala Private Game Reserve An hour’s drive from Durban takes you to this small cozy park to view numerous antelope species a:; well as rhino, buffalo & hippo. The restaurant has won numerous awards for its fine cuisine. Tala Day self drive & picnic lunch Tala Day with self drive & restaurant lunch
- Tala Night with romantic dinner & game drive St. Lucia Estuary View crocodiles, hippos & many species of bird life in their natural habitat from the safety of a boat. Cash bar on board.
- An optional extra is a visit to the crocodile farm and a guided walk into the Greater St Lucia Wetlands Park.
- Gwahumbe Private Game Reserve & Spa This small park has hippo & numerous antelope species, including both black & blue wildebeest, viewed from the comfort of a 4×4 vehicle. Excludes Spa Treatment.
Midlands and Surrounding Area
Howick Falls & Karkloof Canopy Tour
En-route to Karkloof we stop to view the falls from a safe view point, browse the informal trader’s stalls and visit a museum.
Visit this beautiful scenic area with its traders, cheese makers, and winery. You won’t be disappointed. Includes pub lunch (cash bar).
Pietermaritzburg city tour
Beautiful architecture, interesting history & museums as well as its interesting, friendly people are the draw cards to this city which is the capital of KZN. Also visit Butterfly World.
Visit the largest crocodile farm in KZN, with its collection of birds & other reptiles, enjoy a cup of your favourite beverage before setting off for Oribi Gorge for lunch to view the gorge from different view points.
Valley of 1000 Hills
As the name implies, these hills cover an area as far as the eye can see. Enjoy the views & enactment of Zulu courtship, after which enjoy a close up tour of the crocodiles & other reptiles. On our return to Durban we drive through interesting suburbs.
Valley and Wildlife
As above with a 4×4 experience into the valley to view species of antelope.
Valley of 1000 hills and garden of roses
Prior to arriving at the Valley, we visit a shopping centre surrounded by rose gardens.
- Action Paintball
- Bungi Jumping
- Caving – in commercial caves only Deep Sea fishing
- Scuba Diving
- Fly Fishing
- Horse Riding
- Kite Surfing
- Microlight Flights
- Water Skiing
- Skiing (winter months May – October) Facilities in Eastern Cape & Lesotho White Water Rafting
Only the most experienced Operators/Guides are utilised sed and therefore Chauffeur Drive or any of its staff cannot be held responsible for any injuries or loss incurred whilst undertaking any of the above events. One of our guides will gladly assist in arranging a programme with you.
We pride ourselves in arranging overnight tours to suite your requirements & budget, one of our gUides will be happy to discuss your requirements. Accommodation is on a dinner, bed & breakfast basis, lunch & drinks are on a cash basis.
OVERNIGHT FAVOURITES TRIANGLE TOUR
Departing from Durban at 08h30, we travel northwards to the town of Eshowe. Here we walk along the aerial boardwalk & 1.5 km pathway for a birding experience in an indigenous forest, after which we visit the castle and various other attractions. After lunch we check in to Steward’s Farm to enjoy a little Zulu culture, a swim, or a drink or two before dinner.
After a hearty breakfast we depart for Thula-Thula, where we check in and freshen up. We depart for a game drive in open game vehicles, after which we enjoy high tea. Relax for the afternoon before enjoying a scrumptious dinner.
After a good nights sleep in luxurious tents, we depart for a game drive, after which we enjoy brunch. We then depart for the St. Lucia Wetlands Park for boat trip on the estuary to view crocodiles, hippo & an abundance of bird life. Lunch and drinks at own expense. Depart for Durban
- 2 day / 1 night Hluhluwe, St Lucia
- 3 day /2 night Hluhluwe, St Lucia
- 2 day / 1 night Drakensberg Mountain Range
- 2 day / 1 night Sani Pass, Midlands Meander
- 3 day /2 night Eshowe, Zulu Culture & Wildlife Experience
- 3 day 2 night Battlefields, Wildlife Experience